Waikoloa Canoe Club
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
The meeting convened at 6:08 PM on July 1, 2015, at Hawaiian Dream Properties office in Waikoloa Village.
Secretary in attendance and recorder of minutes: Kyle Combes
Board members present: Harold van Doren (via phone), Jim Albone, Lisa Legler, Kyle Combes, Mike Bernstone, Mike Chinquee
Board members absent: Chris Nilsen, Ted Cassinelli
Head coach Daniel Legler present.
Members in attendance: Jennifer Bolstad, Steve Columbo
Treasurer Mike Bernstone opened the meeting.
Previous meeting minutes
- Remove Daniel’s name from under list of board members.
- Mike CQ motions to accept with amendment. Seconded, unanimous approval.
Treasurer’s Report (Mike Bernstone)
- Lisa motions to accept. Mike CQ 2nds. Unanimous approval.
Coach’s Report (Daniel)
- Two crews qualified (2nd or tied for first) for States
- Ohana consistently running two canoes
- Wants to pull 20 lanes for Auntie Miley’s
MOKU Report (Lisa)
- Discussion on fireworks, etc
- Mike CQ & Lisa asked to be official timers for race
- New system will be used with mobile app for checking race status
Equipment Report (Daniel)
- Will get new new hitch online
- Registration renewed
- Display case
- Guy will build a new one
- Koa canoe (Kama O Kalani)
- Daniel has been epoxying every weekend, holding well
- Some portions of canoe worn down to ~3/8” thick, weighed in at 411 lb
- Repairs estimated at $20-35k
- Daniel thinks repairs should be a priority
- Chris started a little, no real work done yet
- Jenn noted that she has never received an email from Ted
Website Status (Kyle)
- Have access to hosting
- Still working on transferring domain name – current owner lost access to account
- Orders for hats in, should get within a couple weeks
Fundraiser Status (Jim)
- $300 from paddle for Hilton, $100 from private funeral
Training and Certification for Beach Directors (Daniel)
- On last draft
Koa Inventory (Daniel)
- Nothing yet
Great Waikoloa Canoe Race (Daniel)
- Coming together very nicely
- Will be run to/from Kawaihae
- Will have beer garden (Lava Lava)
- Mike B will see if we had set up credit card processing (possibly through Quicken) in years past, potentially use for online registration
- Still need to get security for parking
Paddle Orders (Mike CQ)
- Lisa wants a 46”, 47”, 48” steering blade & 46” paddle
- Mike CQ motions to buy three steering blades and two paddles and glass for up to $500. Lisa 2nds, unanimous approval.
- Jim makes a motion to take the $300 from the Hilton, match it, and donate it to Miloliʻi (total of $600). Kyle 2nds, unanimous approval.
- Discussed first half of preliminary report
- Jenn would like to have a remembrance gathering on July 12th for Chris Pratt.
Next meeting scheduled for August 5th, 2015, location TBD.
Meeting adjourned 7:29pm.